# Windows Mobile 6 Standard
# 3G data speeds on either GSM or UMTS (though apparently not HSDPA)
# A 320x240 non-
# a full QWERTY Keyboard
# a generous 150mb of available user storage
# microSD for expansion
# 2 megapixel camera
# Bluetooth 2.0 with support for Bluetooth stereo
# 4.5 hours talk time, 10 days standby
# Built-in DUN (by virtue of Windows Mobile 6 Standard)
Speak clearly. The new Palm® Treo™ 500v smartphone lets you say what you want, how you want with phone, messaging, IM, email, and web in one simple device.1 No more code words or misunderstandings thanks to a full keyboard and a big, bright screen.2 So you can chat with a quick IM.1 Browse the web or check your email.1 Organize your time and tasks. Play music, take pictures, and shoot video. Even work (if you have to). Stay in touch, simply, with the new Palm Treo 500v smartphone.
The cats at the Morning Paper claim to have a piece of marketing collateral which spills, or at least, reshuffles the beans on the Palm Centro for Sprint. EV-DO, check. Palm OS (Garnet), check. Touch-screen, check (obviously). Really, the only things we haven't seen before is the list of Sprint services it'll be packing: Sprint TV, On Demand, IM, Mobile Email, and Google maps in the slimmest Treo, er Palm OS device yet.
Treo 500v Features and Benefits
- All-in-one smartphone with messaging, email and web
- Full keyboard for fast and easy typing
- Automatic delivery of Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo!, and Gmail, email as it arrives
- Large, high-resolution screen
- Internet Explorer Mobile full-featured browser
- Access to Google Maps and eBay
- Vodafone live! for news, sports, and entertainment on the go
- 3G/UMTS network
- Planner with address book, calendar, to-do lists, and more
- View Microsoft(R) Word, Excel(R), PowerPoint(R), and Adobe PDF files
- Windows Media(R) Player Mobile for music and videos
- 2.0 megapixel camera captures video too
- 150MB of memory, expandable with microSD expansion card
- Windows Mobile(R) 6 Standard software
- Microsoft(R) Direct Push technology for delivery of Outlook(R) email
- Bluetooth(R) wireless technology
- Device available in two colours: glacier white and charcoal grey
The Treo 500v will include 150 MB of built-in storage, and more is available thanks to its microSD memory card card.
This will be the first model using a new design Palm has developed. It will be available in two colors: black and white.
This smartphone will include a 2.0 megapixel camera that's able to capture both still images and video.
Naturally, it will include support for Bluetooth headsets.
Pricing and Availability
Palm says this model will go on sale in October.
Palm's European wing announced today that the Treo 500v was really real, and headed onto the monolithic Vodafone network in October. As expected, the new model will be coming in two colors, a bright white and gray finish (called Glacier White), as well as a muted charcoal tone (known as, surprise, Charcoal Grey), and will be running Windows Mobile 6. The phone will not have a touchscreen, as we reported, but will rock 3G / UMTS data (not HSDPA), have a 2-megapixel camera (so at least we know Palm isn't completely recycling older phones' guts), 256MB of onboard memory (150MB for users), plus a microSD slot and Bluetooth 2.0. Everything else about the phone should feel like standard territory, as Palm doesn't seem to be offering anything in the way of software that's different, though this phone could (and should) find some fans with those looking in the direction of BlackJacks, Qs, and Dashes. Still, we can't say we're not a little deflated... maybe the rumored "800" will blow our collective minds.